Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It All Started With A Simple Thought...


It all started with a simple thought.

Or more accurately, a test. How would a TS2 sim get by in TS3? Surely she wasn't the first to try it, and she won't be the last, but after the unfortunate demise of Myettah Glendale, Helena Jitmakusol was ready to take the plunge. She never knew Myettah personally. In fact, they both came from different backgrounds. Myettah was born into poverty, whereas Helena was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Helena never had a child (although she desired at most two), but Myettah's house was constantly filled with the innocent laughter of her multiple children, and not to mention grandchildren.




So why would the Creator choose Helena of all people? What did she have to offer, other than her terrible temper and flirtatiousness? Was it her ambition? Her friendly spirit? Was it because she is a certified genius and was a top-of-the-line surgeon? Did the Creator herself even know?




Whatever the reason, Helena is sure to make the best of it. It's not every day you get an opportunity like this. Her mother didn't, her father didn't, her twin brother didn't. Not even her alien half-siblings had this opportunity. Although she was raised in luxury and never had to "rough it" (unless you count her honeymoon in her luxury log cabin), her upbringing did not cause her to develop a snobbish trait.

For any other sim, this would be a curse; having to leave your family and friends behind. But she didn't mind much. She knew that she was doing this for the sake of science. She also knew that her doing this made her parents proud. Although the road would be long and exhausting, Helena was willing to try. And they even gave her a journal to write in about her new life in Crescent Hills...


-------
As you can see, this is a bit of a prologue to give the story a bit of a background. I don't really plan on having this legacy be as "dramatic" as Myettah's, but instead just have a careful balance of everything. A delicate arrangement of drama, humor, monotony, and excitement: just like an "ordinary" life would have. :)
I don't think I'll be playing by any rules other than the basics (aka no cheating, no marrying rich sims, etc.) and I can't really think of a family trait. I'll have to get back on that one.

9 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is going to be very good. I'll definitely be waiting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Dee! Hopefully it will be good. I'll get started on it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good start to the tale. I like the "for the sake of science" idea.

    I've still never done a legacy challenge. I tend to follow generations and no cheating to make the game easy. But never a true legacy.

    Is a family trait a requirement now or just an extra challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, PiB! I believe the family trait requirement is just an extra challenge, not so much a requirement. I think I'll make this more or less of a loose neighborhood legacy. "Loose" meaning there's plenty of space for me to modify and change, haha! But the no cheating, the "no marrying rich sims", and whatever other concrete rules I can think of are not up for modification.

    ...I hope I can stick to that. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to try a legacy. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the rules. But I'm curious and will probably try it one day. How does the family trait work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "family trait" challenge/element is basically when you select a specific trait of your founder's to pass on from generation to generation. For instance, if I made Genius the family trait, then all of Helena's descendants would have the Genius trait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked how you worked Myettah's demise into Helena's background story. I'm excited to continue reading this - great start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also a little scared to try a real legacy. I don't want to build them a house. My roofs are awful! *laughs*

    Do you have to randomly pick a family trait or can it be anything you choose? Great start! She's such a pretty sim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, guys! I'm pretty sure you can either randomly select the family trait, or just choose one that you gave your founder. I think the hot-headed trait will become a family trait. Goody. :P

    ReplyDelete